Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjecti think cancel xmas is relatively easy to "market"
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12557358&mesg_id=12557992
12557992, i think cancel xmas is relatively easy to "market"
Posted by MiracleRic, Tue Aug-26-14 01:02 PM
but it doesn't have the same youtubery/social media appeal

if we can find a way to do that...it would get a lot more mobility in the superficial sense which would still attract deeper and broader "interaction"

the goals part is relatively easy i think...

pair a couple of lawyers with a writer and come up with common sense legislative goals and make that the goal

there are actually a lot of those out now...

the White House has said it would consider any petitions with over 100K signatures and there are many floating around already that are attempting to address the issues at hand

i think the main hurdle is making the connection from something about consumerism to police brutality...

it needs to be clear that we'd make the justice system and prison/industrial system if we had a way to directly impact...and maybe we simply need to find a way to do that (separately)

I'm down for moving the holidays to February too but not sure if that gives them relief after a holiday low

i think in general...we need to flex our consumer powers a bit more to get where we want...but i tend to agree with abby that tying it all into the objective is going to be a hard sell if we don't piggyback it along with something else