Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI've pretty much been pursuing my passion my whole life
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12508332&mesg_id=12509769
12509769, I've pretty much been pursuing my passion my whole life
Posted by TheStandard, Mon Jul-14-14 03:49 PM
I've been DJing since I've been 16-17....I'm 28 now....I haven't focused on my production/music passion for a while but I'm supposed to work on producing this album but I've been completely booked up DJing this summer so I haven't been able to lock in like I want to. I've gotten far but I'm really not where I want to be. It's tough, I feel like I'm changing and many of the things I've wanted just didn't work out or I've found out I don't want them anymore...... I do have some other passions that I'm currently pursuing tho as well as djing.

I can't lie, I'm more into money than I ever was.....where as back in the day it was just the art. When your passion becomes your job it changes it in ways most people don't understand. When people say if you do something you love you'll never work a day in your life....that's bullshit. You'll work hard.....and when it's your job you kinda start looking at the thing you love in the same way you would a regular job.....How much are you getting paid? the Benefits, etc.