Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectlol.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12415956&mesg_id=12417165
12417165, lol.
Posted by dafriquan, Fri Apr-18-14 09:38 AM
>i'm convinced most of you know nothing about business and are
>just talking out your ass
as a 15 yr serial entrepreneur who has a post graduate degree in marketing and business strategy, i think i know a thing or two about business so chill with that tone.

i was going to get into the specifics but realized that type of analysis might be lost on you. i am not knocking jay-z but he does the type of deals that most big entertainers have access to. meaning companies want to associate with him because he's a popular musician (a black mascot as sev called it above) . there's nothing wrong with that but it does not take a special "business acumen" that Fiddy has not shown in the past with:
energy drink
g-unit label
g-unit clothing
movie production company

which part of my post are you opposed to exactly?
50 might no longer be as successful as jay-z but they are the same type of "business man".

bottom line is these type of deals might impress fan boys like you but in the world of business, it's just glorified celebrity endorsement deals. the minute his music star stops shining, less of these deals will be brought to the table. and this is the real reason why he keeps on dropping albums instead of retiring like he wanted to.

p.s. why did you leave off his barclays/brooklyn nets deal? lol

>rocawear
>reebok
>livenation
>rocsports
>budweiser/made in america
>samsung
>
>and these are just the deals he made that set precedence