Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectAs a devout Christian, do you read the Bible and ask.......
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13504421&mesg_id=13504543
13504543, As a devout Christian, do you read the Bible and ask.......
Posted by c71, Mon May-20-24 06:44 PM
Why did the Babylonian exile happen?

Why did the Roman conquest happen?

This is what Jeremiah wrote during the Babylonian exile era:

Jeremiah 30:11 I am with you and will save you,’ declares the LORD. ‘Though I completely destroy all the nations among which I scatter you, I will not completely destroy you. I will discipline you but only in due measure; I will not let you go entirely unpunished.’

Right after what Hitler and Germany did with the Holocaust.....the Nation of Israel was re-established.

https://www.ifcj.org/news/fellowship-blog/the-miracle-of-the-jewish-peoples-return-to-israel

The Miracle of the Jewish People’s Return to Israel
The Fellowship | January 1, 2020

(edited)

The single most influential event that triggered the Israel return to the homeland of the scattered Jews began with Israel’s First President, Chaim Weizmann. Weizmann was a Russian Jew, a brilliant chemist and a leader in the Zionist movement, who immigrated to England in 1904. During World War I, English armies used gunpowder made of cordite, which produced little smoke and thus did not blind gunners to their targets or reveal their positions. But since the manufacture of cordite required acetone made from a compound imported from their enemy, Germany, the English government was desperate to find another source. Prime Minister Lloyd George and Winston Churchill turned to Weizmann and set him up in a gin distillery, where he quickly developed a biochemical process for producing synthetic acetone.

The success of his ingenious process for creating acetone contributed to the ultimate Allied victory. The minimal salary and token reward that Weizmann received from the government earned him significant leverage when he pressed his persistent petitions for a Jewish homeland in Israel.

‘A National Home for the Jewish People’

As it happened, by the war’s end, England gained possession of the land of Palestine—the very land promised in God’s covenant with Abraham—from the defeated Ottoman Empire. As an act of a grateful nation and through Weizmann’s influence within the government, England officially issued the Balfour Declaration of 1917, which declared: “His Majesty’s Government views with favor the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, and will use their best endeavors to facilitate the achievement of this object…”

The second influential event that brought the scattered Jews back to Palestine was the liberation of Jewish prisoners from Auschwitz, Dachau, and other Nazi concentration camps. When Germany collapsed at the end of World War II, the liberation of these Jewish prisoners caused worldwide shock at the grossly inhumane treatment inflicted by the Nazis. This generated sympathy that drew Jewish wealth from around the world and enabled the relocation of more than a million displaced Jews to Palestine.

---------------------------=

https://holocaust.projects.history.ucsb.edu/Research/Proseminar/tomerkleinman.htm

Did the Holocaust Play a Role in the Establishment of the State of Israel?

By Tomer Kleinman, UCSB, March 2002,

Israel and the Holocaust

“Moving to Israel was very difficult. We ate only pita and drank water, we worked long hours and we were constantly in fear of Arab attacks.” Those were the words of Chaim Tsabag, an immigrant to Israel in 1947. At the age of 23, Chaim witnessed the hardships that many Jews had to endure when arriving to Israel from Europe. Just one year after his arrival, Chaim was in the army fighting for Israel’s Independence. When Chaim went home after the war, he recalled “a country that was in need of food, construction and money.” Israel received their independence in 1948, but was going to fall if they did not receive outside help.

The establishment of the State of Israel would have been possible without the Holocaust due to the Zionist movement, however the reparations from the Holocaust given by West Germany gave Israel the resources necessary to survive. In this paper I will argue that the Holocaust played an important role in the founding and long term visibility of the State of Israel in three respects: The Holocaust motivated large numbers of immigrants to move to the new country, providing the necessary population; secondly, the Holocaust enabled Israel to pressure Germany into supplying the economic base necessary to build infrastructure and support those immigrants; and finally, the Holocaust swayed world opinion so that the United Nations approved the State of Israel in 1948.