Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectMy kid was diagnosed as ADHD/Dyslexic
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13504267&mesg_id=13504277
13504277, My kid was diagnosed as ADHD/Dyslexic
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Fri May-17-24 09:25 AM
My wife cried and went to all sorts of emotions about it but I didn't really sweat it because all the traits they described about it are things I have and do. I mean I want to lightweight self-diagnose based on this experience but I don't think I would seriously do it.

The thing about it. It was probably a blessing to catch early because it just meant adjusting the way he learned. He did do medication for a couple of years and it was helpful in teaching him to focus but we were easily able to taper it off.

Now he is the kid who reads for pleasure more than his brother. We kinda wished we had diagnosed him and did early intervention to train him better how to focus.

Other than that the diagnoses is mainly a kid being a kid and is more a personality/learning type IMHOP more than a malady of any sort.

Like this is the kid that likes MF Doom and Tyler the Creator while his brother loves Drake and other pop acts and I know the diagnoses and the way he sees the world is part of it.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"