Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: Is Black Buying Power a myth? Dr. Jared Ball thinks so…
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13502359&mesg_id=13502622
13502622, RE: Is Black Buying Power a myth? Dr. Jared Ball thinks so…
Posted by 3CardMolly, Thu Apr-25-24 06:59 AM
I’m always thrown at people with platforms that preach their way is the best ir only way.
Black buying power is not a myth. When a couple from Chicago wrote a book about spending with black businesses only, they received all negative letters and death threats.

There’s something very very fearful universally of Black people having buying power, creating our own wallstreets, even growing our own land and living off our own brands. Also I’ve never seen another group of people’s spending being magnified so much. Even when you talk about reparations, there are a number of us that will say ‘we won’t spend it right’. Ask them how would they spend it and suddenly their a financial guru and some how different from the rest of the Black population.

Even if you consider Blacks having political power, campaigns cost and I honestly dont know of any Black based lobbies. We have enough black politicians with white backing and making sure to keep their constituents happy, so politics alone is not the answer at all.