Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI’ll lay out my questions/issues specifically - and maybe I can learn something
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13502182&mesg_id=13502255
13502255, I’ll lay out my questions/issues specifically - and maybe I can learn something
Posted by DJR, Tue Apr-16-24 06:21 PM
First, I think it is largely political in many cases.

I want EVs to succeed, but why I didn’t buy one and haven’t really considered it yet:

I want to keep my vehicle 10+ years so I can go 5+ years without a car payment. Will EV’s have the longevity and low cost of ownership? Will they go 300,000 miles and only need new tires and brakes every once in awhile?

Those are qualities I wanted in my vehicle (went with a Toyota 4Runner - known for reliability, durability and low cost of ownership), and I just don’t know if EVs are there yet?

Down the road, would I be able to get a 15 year old EV with 200,000 miles on it for a low price and ride it until the wheels fall off? Because at this point I have it in my mind to maybe do that with a Camry or even a Prius as a second vehicle that gets better gas mileage, maybe 5 years from now. Would love it if EVs prove to be a good, long lasting option.