Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectYou think that may have anything to do with a private corporation's
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13501110&mesg_id=13501376
13501376, You think that may have anything to do with a private corporation's
Posted by T Reynolds, Thu Mar-28-24 09:26 PM
Legal responsibility to protect their employees' identities in the event of an accident?

I don't know anything about the specific laws but I can assume after a little bit of googling that the police and press can't obtain and divulge employees' names and toxicology reports during an ongoing investigation, if at all.

We know about the company, we know about the ships contents and history, but to reveal private details about the workers on the Dali I'm sure you can imagine would not be a good precedent.

Sad thing is that because corporations are afforded more rights than citizens, regular people going about their business in the world can't enjoy the same right to privacy. But ONLY because of the liabilities facing the company, not because of some nefarious agenda or because of special characteristics of the employees.