Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectAnyone have thoughts on the Mitsubishi Outlander?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13497616&mesg_id=13497816
13497816, Anyone have thoughts on the Mitsubishi Outlander?
Posted by DJR, Wed Jan-24-24 08:31 PM
I had an 07 that I got brand new and kept for 10 years. At the time it was a less expensive alternative to the CRV and Rav-4, but was a pretty similar vehicle and Mitsubishi had a much better warranty. So it was a good buy for me as I was just starting my career.

I know Mitsubishi seems to be a pretty obscure brand these days, but in looking for a new car this past fall, I got curious and looked them up - seems like it still offers good bang for your buck and looks really nice inside(I generally dislike the way all these crossover SUVs look on the outside).

Personally I was concerned with how these cars with all the new tech and turbo engines would hold up long term - I like to keep my vehicles as long as possible. So I went with more old school Toyota 4Runner partly for that reason - less tech that will break, a proven reliable engine, and a rep for going for 300,000+ miles.

I had a 14 Honda Accord. Great car, unfortunately rust started getting the best of it (I live in the snow belt and the salt they use on the roads is of the devil), and I moved on before it got bad. Shame, because it never had one issue in 7 years of driving it.