Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectFind a mechanic that specializes in Euro cars
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13497616&mesg_id=13497780
13497780, Find a mechanic that specializes in Euro cars
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Jan-24-24 02:19 PM
I say this as a VW fan who has a 2011 CC and loved the idea of a VW. My wife will not let me buy another one due to the timing chain issue.

My timing chain went out and I had to buy a whole new/used engine. I did get that money back and then some in a lawsuit but my brother didn’t have suck luck. His son’s passatt kicked the can on his graduation night.. smh.

If you buy one PLEASE find a Euro mechanic. You will save time, money and all types of stress. VW are expensive once they are out of warranty. Dont get the extended warranty, its a scam. VW uses plastic parts to make the car lighter. Euro garages use beefier parts that last longer.

My engine light comes on much less often now. When I used the dealership my car was always going back to the shop.

My sister has a Volvo and she had problems with her engine. I found her a Sweedish mechanic and she is much happier. The dealership mechanics are ass.