Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectliterally went to dealerships this weekend
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13497616&mesg_id=13497631
13497631, literally went to dealerships this weekend
Posted by shygurl, Mon Jan-22-24 12:10 PM
My car is a 2010 and it's basically on its last leg, so I wanted to price the cars I was looking at just in case this POS broke down. I want a hybrid, so it was between the Camry, Prius, and Elantra (with the Camry initially being my preference). Only accessory I want is a sun roof, so unfortunately that's forcing me to get the more premium models although I would be ok with a base model.

Approximate prices out the door:

Elantra = $33.5k
Camry = $35k
Prius = $36.5k

Approximate delivery times:

Elantra = Immediate to two weeks
Camry = 4-6 months
Prius = 9-12 months

Company promo interest rates:

Elantra = 4.99%
Camry = 5.99%
Prius = none (so average rates, which seem to be 6.5% to 7.5%)

So I walked in thinking that I wanted the Camry and not really paying attention to the others, but I walked out really really liking the Prius.

My hesitation is the loooonnng delivery time, and my fear my car will die before it gets delivered. I'd have to put down a $500 deposit, and I'd hate to lose it if I end up having to buy something else. Additionally, if my car does die, my best option would be the Elantra, and honestly it's kind of ugly imo though their warranty is better than Toyota. If I can't get the Toyota hybrids, then I am pretty sure I would just get a regular gas car, cause I can't go without a car. I'm still trying to decide how to proceed.