Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectnope.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13497559&mesg_id=13497594
13497594, nope.
Posted by tariqhu, Sun Jan-21-24 11:32 PM
I don't think my mom even brought of racism a way that would've been informative. shit has been on the job training, especially as a teen.

one of my boys were really into white girls. I'd never really dealt with them before. just not my thing. he set up a double date with me, him, and two white chicks.

I was hella uncomfortable while riding along. don't remember much of it now, but clearly recall the one in the back seat with me smiling real big and saying I got me a nigger! she was proud af.

I gave her a death stare and she apologized, but I was done. I couldn't punch her in the face like my 16 yr old self wanted to because I knew that would make it worse. my buddy was still trying to get some ass, laffing and shit.

I've talked to both of mine about it. not in a sit down, here's a whole thing kind of way, but more like random convos at the table or when driving.

my daughter is 19 and seems to be pretty aware of things. however, she's thinking about transferring to UGA. I warned her about willfully placing herself in situations where shit could go sour because she's black.

my son went to a more mixed middle school last year. he became more aware when a YT kid would go on about his love of country, god, and guns. told him to watch that one cuz none of that says he likes black kids.