Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI think those are fair considerations but I also see alot of Black People
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13496909&mesg_id=13497419
13497419, I think those are fair considerations but I also see alot of Black People
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Thu Jan-18-24 02:02 PM
take on White Supremacy as their own.

Like OK, I can sort of understand the argument against migrants forcing down labor pricing and taking jobs (though I really don't agree but's its too nuanced to try and explain here. The short answer is its why NAFTA failed. People can easily see losing their job to NAFTA but not the economy growing and creating jobs to NAFTA).

But too many times I've seen black people freak out because, their new neighbor/co-worker/doctor is non-white (but not black) but totally comfortable with white people in those roles.

I hope most black people would share that they have more in common with a brown person with good politics than an indifferent white person.

>and there's probably a lot more to the stat showing Black
>people as second likely to see the decline in the white
>population in the US as a bad thing. Could be a sense of
>shared American-ness and heritage that is 100% valid. Could be
>concerns about job security or economic strain (real or
>imagined) vis a vis a particular or multiple immigrant groups.
>Could even be obfuscation of opinion because of the people
>conducting the research or format of the questions.
>
>I get Black Americans being concerned about immigration, but I
>don't buy all the astroturfed talking points
>

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"