Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectDo you think we have a migration crisis?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13496909&mesg_id=13496909
13496909, Do you think we have a migration crisis?
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Wed Dec-31-69 07:00 PM
I am going to admit, Abbott and DeSantis stunt has forced New Yorkers to talk about what's going on at the border, and deal with it in ways we have never before they started shipping migrants up here.

I disagree with the idea that the city is overwhelmed with migrants. We can probably handle the 70k that have been sent up here better than other places (though the part that gets me the most is seeing kids who should be in school out on the streets during school day hours). I do think the Mayor is right that this is a national issue and the federal government should address it.

I think this should be dealt with nationally, and all states should be required to take in a share of migrants until the federal government addresses the issue at the border.

And by fixing it at the border, I think the real solution should be doing what we can to shore up our Latin neighbors so they aren't trying to flee and come here via the border.

What do you think?

Poll question: Do you think we have a migration crisis?

Poll result (27 votes)
Hell Yeah (14 votes)Vote
No, it's always been this way. (13 votes)Vote