Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectmy kids asked me if we had w and devices at their age
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13493991&mesg_id=13494010
13494010, my kids asked me if we had w and devices at their age
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Nov-06-23 05:34 PM
they were shocked!!! “NO DEVICES!!!????? I’m glad we werent born back then!”

they love going home and hanging out at the community center where I played as a kid.

I think its too hard to quantify but I would say its worse now. I remember the middle east was beefing in the 80’s too, Apartheid, Soviet Union and nuclear war. They even had a nationally televised movie special about the fall out after a bomb hit America. We had alcoholic parents mad because they couldn’t find jobs.

but.. this shit is different.

Opioid crisis hit the rust belt hard. I know a lot of white folks with money who fell victim to the pills. These are people in their late 30’s and 40’s who left behind kids. I have friends who lost kids to pills. Its weird because growing up we were the free lunch kids, single parents, poor.. and these rich white kids with big houses and resources are out here on their knees doing God knows what for a hit. Add in social media and its a wrap.

The main thing tho, is guns and violence. I never feared for my life as a kid when it came to cops. Would talk mad shit to cops as a kid. These days. These cops kill and get away with it. ON CAMERA!!!

what is scary is my kids will be teens around 2030. Who knows what things will be like in 6 years but I swear.. for a PANDEMIC to happen right after we got our passports and planned our first trip out of the country.. that in itself is crazy and pushes 2020’s over the finish line.