Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectSongs you LOVE off "bad" albums?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13493454&mesg_id=13493454
13493454, Songs you LOVE off "bad" albums?
Posted by PROMO, Thu Oct-26-23 11:10 AM
This post is inspired by Nas' "Remember The Times" from the Street's Disciple LP.

This song has recently had a HOLD on me. It had a hold on me when the album dropped too, but because it's widely considered one of Nas' "bad" albums, I eventually forgot about it for well over a decade. Someone was talking about the album and I went to it to listen. It's still pretty poor to me, but I re-discovered "Remember The Times" and since then this song has had me. The other day I ran it back like 15x in a row.

I'm a beat guy, and there is something about this beat that L.E.S. did that just puts me in a musical trance. I have a bunch of beats like this (I actually have a playlist - I added this). I think it's that it's basically a loop and unless there was a weird timing issue in looping it, it didn't need to be chopped, but he still did a few little chops and i think it pulls me in even further on a sample I already loved.

Anyways, I find myself running it back multiple times this morning, and I had to ask what's y'alls songs you love off "bad" albums?