Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI'm not at all. Your insecurities just have you feeling offended...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13429401&mesg_id=13493327
13493327, I'm not at all. Your insecurities just have you feeling offended...
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Tue Oct-24-23 08:39 PM
especially with the repeated "policing of blackness" concept you keep referring to. Your insecurities around your Blackness are not my problem.

It's lowkey hilarious that you use OKP as the litmus test for what's being clowned, while referencing those who used the term as "activist and hotep" as if those two are synonymous or somehow equally invalid. Even if they were, OKP would be the other side of the coin with it's ultra liberal or conservative, blindly-gov't-trusting populace. In other words, the people here are equally clownable. I mean look whose post you linked to LOL. That's definitely not an authoritative take on the usage of the word "woke".
***Ultimately, "hoteps and activists" as you call them, are people. That's the only question in the post. "Did people use the term earnestly." The answer is 'yes' even by your own admission. That we also agree one.***
You want to dimiss thoose people as invalid... or unpeople... or something? Idk, but that's not how it works.

I mean damn, I hit you with legit instances of people using the word "in earnest" and a historical breakdown of the word, and you respond with MEAT's opinion as your authority and crying about some phantom entity policing your fragile blackness. C'mon son.