Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: What’s your Usher top 5? (Singles only)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13491793&mesg_id=13491979
13491979, RE: What’s your Usher top 5? (Singles only)
Posted by jimaveli, Thu Sep-28-23 08:03 AM
>1. Can U Get Wit It(I wasn’t playing, DeVante in his BAG)
>2. U Don’t Have to Call (Neptunes in their BAG)
>3. Nice & Slow
>4. U Got It Bad
>5. My Way (the version where he rapped a verse)
>
>I’m sure he’ll do #2 and 5 - will he do any slow jams
>though? He’s gotta do “Nice & Slow” doesn’t he?
>
>

Here's what he's gonna do at the SB if I had to guess:

U don't have to call (guaranteed)

OMG AND DJ's Got us falling in love again (cuz c'mon now..he's gotta put those dancers to work)

Yeah (How could he not? Its just a matter of if he gets Luda and Lil Jon. I'd LOVE it if they did a snippet of Lovers and Friends too but I won't be greedy)

Bad Girl (cuz that song is jamming, people love it, and they'd feel like 'he went deep' if they do it. To me, deep would be him doing a snippet of Seduction or something crazy like It Is What it Is, but I know this show isn't finna be killer album cut MJ tribute songs!)

Confessions Part 2 (Cuz c'mon. Even though I'll say here right now: the 'everything that I've been doing is aaaaall bad' version/Confessions Part 1 with the Stevie harmonica solo is probably my favorite Usher song of them all! He hit that R. Kelly hard piano/relationship drama song steez hard af and got it 110% right, which was lowkey mandatory for that time and that album. And he SAAAAAANG THAT SHIT. And that last 30 or so seconds after the harmonica solo? Shiiiiiid *Lil Wayne making a face and shaking his head.gif*)

I don't know what the ballad will be, but I'm betting on Nice And Slow. No matter what, he's gotta do the rap. Otherwise, what are we even doing here!

I wish he would get wild and do even a snippet of Can U Get Wit It. My wife would look around and I'd have on shades, a suit jacket with no shirt, and a straw in my mouth to do the DeVante parts. But its probably not happening.