Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectnah
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13490292&mesg_id=13491207
13491207, nah
Posted by sevencents, Wed Sep-13-23 01:27 PM

I paid off my student debt AND remain an advocate for FULL cancelation of student debt.
(imagine that, advocating for policy that doesn't directly effect me, but the society I live in)

What I'm mad about is that Biden has soft-shoed any major action on student loans until now, which was something he promised from day one. and while OP may have their debts erased....many people are having their payments restart again (with interest)....Biden could have extended the moratorium, but didn't....he's done the bare minimum....and it's only being done now to try and help his struggling poll numbers.

Not trying to rain on someone else's parade...def happy for the poster having their debt cancelled. I took issue with 'all hail dark brandon' and wanting to donate to his campaign for doing the least and confusing it with doing the most....maybe the praise was in jest, but the only people I hear reference Biden as 'brandon' are either Red MAGA that think Biden is the cause of everything bad.....and Blue MAGA that act like he's devoid of any criticism...I have a hard time to take either side seriously.

If expressing anti-war, anti-capitalist, and anti-police ideology somehow makes me 'Putin' or whatever knee-jerk gotcha and dismissive term folks want to throw out thinking they are witty, go for it....it's a free country (for now) ... also shows me how deeply unserious we are as a country too. The hubris will be our downfall.