Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectDating at 50. Whesh
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13489509&mesg_id=13490063
13490063, Dating at 50. Whesh
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Tue Aug-15-23 12:07 PM
My brother finds himself dating again (tragic story, no fault of his) and dude is bad at it.

He can work the in person part; funny, polite, pays for everything. But this texting thing is going to kill him every time.

He asked me, why these girls ghosting me? And shows me his text.

I am like, bruh, these texts exchanges are mad boring. It's like you are texting an auntie. Why so formal? Why you talking about nothing , "how is your day? Good. How is your day? Good".

Then there is the, "how come she ain't text me back yet?". I'm like, she's busy, and these texts are boring.

He's like, I should text her "dang, it's like that? I can't get no response" and I am like "NOOOOOOOOOOO". That gets you nothing. If she leaves you on red too much then you can move on, or just try her another time and use the texting to facilitate in person time "hey want to grab a drink later?" but you not going to guilt/shame a girl into texting you back. Shes not that into you yet and if you want to see her again give her a reason to be into you. A text from you should spark excitement, not dread on how to respond.

Anyway, what'the best thing you've read/seen/heard about modern dating for an older crowd? Is there a rule book or guide to texting I can share with him?!? Bro needs it bad.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"