Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectThe bible literally tells you to put religion over family.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13457345&mesg_id=13457960
13457960, The bible literally tells you to put religion over family.
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Mon Apr-11-22 05:55 PM
>How you going to put religion over family?
>

1 Corinthians 5:11
But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler—not even to eat with such a one.

Matthew 10:34-37 (from the central figure of the religion, himself)
“Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. And a person's enemies will be those of his own household. Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me."

The hypocrisy comes in where people pick and choose what "sins" they accept. Funny thing about that Corinthians verse is that "sexual immorality" would apply to both her husband and son, so that wouldn't even excuse the double standard.

It's all stupid to me and you, but coming from that world, I know how the mentality works. It's a mindfuck, even for a long time after you break free.