Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI don't see it that way
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13389842&mesg_id=13417653
13417653, I don't see it that way
Posted by will_5198, Tue Dec-22-20 01:11 PM
"natural" wine-making results in a much different product than wines I've had before. I'd equate it to the craft beer explosion a decade ago -- nobody would put a gose or sour on the domestic market before then, just like nobody would sell a pet-nat or orange wine before natural wine became trendy.

chemophobia? I eat MSG all the time, but natural wineries who don't use Round-Up on all their vines sounds like a good thing to me.

climate change? yeah, it's a specious argument that drinking more natural wine is helping the environment -- I love the idea that my 100% gamay grapes were hand-picked by the son of a wine-maker who started making natural wine 30 years ago, no sugars were added and it was bottled unfiltered...but all that eco-benefit was probably lost on the plane ride from France to Texas.

so fermented grape juice is not saving the world. nor should it have to. Exxon did more damage yesterday than all the wine drinkers in the world.