Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subject"resurfaced"? GET THE FUCK OUT THE BLANKET FORT.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13390338&mesg_id=13390343
13390343, "resurfaced"? GET THE FUCK OUT THE BLANKET FORT.
Posted by double negative, Tue Jun-23-20 12:32 PM
YO.

Yoooooooooooo.

His past is why I only KIND OF fuck with JK. It wasnt until about a few years ago when he started speaking out about some shit that I began to ease up on my hard stance of ignoring him.

I'm from LA and I remember how he started on radio with Adam C. I used to really hate looking at his face because he would always have a smug grin that I always read as "oh man, BLACK PEOPLE am I right guys? They are so hilarious, right guys?"

that said, I don't know if I give him a pass, but I think hes always known he was on some fuck shit so I'm not surprised - just apologize and move the fuck on. It's not like this was from college years and his excuse could be chalked up to "I was young, I HAD NO IDEA YOU GUYS!" - nah dude, you knew exactly what fucking time it was. Take them licks and move on.

If you really want to go to the next level then he should counter his past by funding some black art or art that raises stories of black history to the mainstream - like what his boy Adam C. did with "Uppity' the documentary about Willie T. Ribbs the first black F1 driver and the first black Indy 500 driver.

like...go and produce a Wilma Rudolph biopic