Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjecti really enjoyed this one
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13378115&mesg_id=13384365
13384365, i really enjoyed this one
Posted by shamus, Sun May-17-20 10:23 PM
The two leads of the show just had a major blow up. It makes sense to give them at least one episode, if not a couple, of them taking a breather.

I also just genuinely enjoyed the characters we met in this ep. George refusing to give her the address because the GPS would report it to the government made me cackle. Kyla Pratt's character's proposal with the pills...lord.

Also, just in terms of getting some solidity on how Issa is growing, it was good to hear her state what her career goals were and feel some pride in that. Though those girls ended up being foul, they gave her an opportunity to say the scary thing out loud and have pride it in. The block party started off as a project that might be able to be extended into a path. That's exciting, imo. Not filler.

I think this is the first one-on-one we've seen with Issa's mother, no? The talk between Issa and her mom was like a callback to the S3 talk between Lawrence and his father. The child stating their impression of who the parent was at their age/in their situation, and the parent consoling them by confessing the real shit that went down. I actually really love it that this season is giving us sincere one-on-ones between Issa and other members of her family.