Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectpart 2: ** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13370522&mesg_id=13371423
13371423, part 2: ** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **
Posted by akon, Thu Mar-05-20 10:35 PM
i kind of hate my job, lol
i shouldn't cause it's currently what pays my rent and im already woefully not even close to full time
its a consultancy - I get paid by the day, i work from home
and currently im working on a Gates-funded initiative to support mid-career women to advance into leadership positions in their organizations and in global health, generally
which all sounds good.
i know shit all about leadership development but i am developing the core documents on how this shit should work
so its been a learning curve- and i appreciate that its been challenging and could be rewarding

but.... this was supposed to be a group effort.
i.e i'm not the only one getting paid on this contract
so far it feels like 95% of the work has landed on me
and feedback has been.., non proactive shit like- *don't you think we should consider xyz here?
which to me is really useless commentary.
if you are recommending xyz... why not just add in the xyz into the document instead of making me read into your goddamn thoughts
and if i didnt put it in there- its not something i have thought of, clearly
i'm kind of hella frustrated

i had hoped to consult for the next year or so and see how that goes
(more money and flexibility sounds really good)
but now i think i just really want a regular 8-5 where its clear where my responsibilities start and end and i can delegate shit
also, where my monthly pay isn't calculated in days worked - but its a standard expectation (so i can plan better)
and it comes regularly (yes the typical consultant issue of not getting paid on time :o( or at least what i would consider timely

i *really* hate job-hunting
i think often quitting (then the rent issue kicks in)
ugh