Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjecti be buying shit....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13370522&mesg_id=13371187
13371187, i be buying shit....
Posted by FLUIDJ, Thu Mar-05-20 11:40 AM
and wifey be getting mad...

and yet....I still be buying shit :(

but when shit be on good discount.....like REAL good discount....why SHOULDN'T I buy the shit?? if it's some shit I can put to good use?

I mean...
I don't be buying DUMB shit...

I don't gamble
I don't smoke
I don't drink
I don't just be buying copious gear
I don't be out here eating out for lunch everyday

But...

I do be buying shit...on sprees....but...
that's because sales come in waves...seasonal waves...

Electronics go on clearance at certain times of the year...so i may cop something I been eyeing all year....

Workout gear goes on clearance at certain times of year...so I cop something that I need to replace in my rotation (typically this is my running shoes)....which really is the root of this post...and what inspired it...

I run..
I enjoy running..
It's like...the only true "Hobby" I have really....
So...naturally...I got a GRIP of running shoes...and i'll have MORE running shoes...I probably will buy 3 pairs/year on average....and I pull them into the rotation...
But I also take care of my shit...so if you (she) sees some of my running shoes they may LOOK pretty new and in good shape...so to the average Joe that means they are good and no need for replacements....
But that's just now how running shoes work...they degrade in a way that's mostly not visible to the human eye.....
I have shoes for the different types of running I might do...
So right now...I got 2 pair that are in full rotation....a pair of my go-to "fast" run/racing shoes and a recently purchased pair of shoes for "long" training runs...
My fast shoes got about 150 miles on em...and are near the end of their useful life as trainers/racers....but they likely have years left as kick around beaters....and I have about 3 more of the exact.same.model floating around that date back 4 years or so...but again...they LOOK newer than they are....I got ALL of them shits well below MSRP...because I be getting deals....

The newer "long" training run shoes I got on a good sale too and they aren't really shaking out to be good for much beyond long slow runs....so i'll keep em....but they aren't true replacements for my "fast" run/racing shoes....

So I came up on a GREAT deal on some potential "fast" run/race replacement kicks and I copped...2 pair...
And now i'm in the dog house:(

Thanks for reading.

"Get ready....for your blessing....."
"Bury me by my Grand-Grand and when you can come follow me"