Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI go to Austin for work a fair amount.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13352458&mesg_id=13352499
13352499, I go to Austin for work a fair amount.
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Oct-17-19 08:47 PM
Here's some of my fav places:

Terry Black's BBQ - So this is not one of the buzzy spots, but I ALWAYS have a great meal here. It's not Black's, it's Terry Black's. Easy walk in, amazing BBQ and beer, and a fun time.

Max's Wine Dive - their fried chicken is great. And as you'd expect, great wine as well. The last time I went (March) the chili wasn't on the menu but if it is - GET THAT.

Jo's Coffee - Coffee is great here, but so are the breakfast tacos. Get those. They help with the hangovers.

The Driskell - Old hotel with a killer lobby bar. It's a really dope spot that lots of presidents have stayed at. Definitely had it's time, but it's a stunning building and I always will stop in here for a drink.

Lamberts - More upscale BBQ. It's downtown and definitely worth a pop in.

Rainey St. - This is an area with a bunch of houses converted into bars. Probably less impressive than it used to be but it's really cool and worth popping over for a bit.

Amy's Ice Cream - Local ice cream spot but it's really great.

Lucy's Fried Chicken - I mean, it's just fried chicken but I dug the hell out of it. It's a local chain, or at least there are a few locations there. It's fucking great.

Torchy's is overrated as can be. I generally think Tex Mex tacos are terrible, but I'm also partial to LA tacos which are some of the best outside of Mexico. Another place that's overrated is Whataburger but they swear that's their In N Out so...