Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjecti saw pt 1 and it was great
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13314377&mesg_id=13326965
13326965, i saw pt 1 and it was great
Posted by mista k5, Wed Apr-17-19 05:23 PM
definitely made me question why i would pick anyone else above him. i will definitely watch pt 2 tonight.

it got me thinking about M4A more.

i wasnt able to find an answer with a quick google but if anyone can answer this i would appreciate it.

his example of a family of 4 paying $28,000/yr made sense. i wish fox would had let him finish explaining it but i think he did pretty good and honestly im sure cnn would had sucked as much in asking that question. his premise is that they would actually pay less than $28,000/yr on healthcare costs with M4A. i would have liked for him to give an idea of how much less.

what i am doubting is what about people that are not paying for insurance right now, are they going to be forced to pay increased taxes? is coverage optional? what about people that do get a decent price on premiums. sure the potential deductible costs would balance out but if they dont actually use the insurance their monthly cost will go up with M4A right?? i think i was paying $150/mo with my job, at worst it was $300/mo. this is for one person. the info i did find was that people would pay 10% of their income. im definitely making more than $30,000/yr so my cost would go up if i dont use it but am forced to get it right? the flip side of course is that i am covered and there wont be surprise deductible costs if i actually need the insurance.

to be clear i dont think this needs to be the focus of the conversation or necessarily a reason to not go with M4A but we do need more details. i think the media will frame it as if middle class taxes will go up to pay for M4A but i doubt that is true. i think the ones that might actually feel the pain will be people below middle class but above the poverty line. especially single folks. UNLESS they are clear about how that wont be the case.

definitely the bulk of the cost will be covered by the extremely wealthy and efficiencies. that doesnt mean that some folks without money to spare wont feel some pain. right?