Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectserious question about bernies taxes.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13314377&mesg_id=13318224
13318224, serious question about bernies taxes.
Posted by Reeq, Thu Mar-07-19 03:03 PM
hopefully i get some serious answers.

but what do yall think is going on there? is it not just a little bit weird to you?

in 2016 i blew it off. i really didnt give it much thought. it just seemed like something he was unprepared to organize and get all of his docs out to the public.

but hes still coming up with excuses and the goalposts keep moving.

in 2016 he said it was because his wife files their taxes and she was pressed for time while doing double duty as a campaign aide. then he said he would only release them if clinton released her wall street speeches.

but he recently said that he didnt release them in 2016 because he wasnt the nominee (i dont remember that being a stated pre-condition). and when asked when he will release them...he just keeps saying soon.

like he cant pay someone to gather up his already-filed tax returns. like he hasnt had the last 2 years to prepare.

i mean...i dont *think* theres anything shady there. but this is slowly veering into raised eyebrow territory imo.

maybe he will put it to rest soon enough. but if it carries on into the primary season...iono fam.