Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectsome thoughts after using it for a couple of months
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13306902&mesg_id=13317808
13317808, some thoughts after using it for a couple of months
Posted by mista k5, Wed Mar-06-19 10:55 AM
its mostly good. i do want it to be wireless still but connecting it isnt a big deal mostly. i do rely on voice controls a bit. waze is a no go as it wont suggest locations automatically. google maps is pretty good with guessing where i want to go. when its a saved location ive had pretty much 100% success with setting navigation location with voice. i wish it loaded quicker, it takes a couple of minutes. ill usually take off and shortly after click on android auto, then play on my music, then the navigation suggestion...or voice to set navigation if its a location that i dont go to often.

i have ran into some problems that some of you have mentioned or hinted at. on my trip i was the passenger but had my phone connected. i was trying to look up gas station and some options for dinner while we drove. no can do. you cant even type in things on the car screen while the car is driving. i understand why they do this but uh yeah.

the other day i had problems with it disconnecting. i dont know if it is the cable/adapter set up i have or if it was android auto being faulty. basically i headed to work and got android auto running. i had to make a pitstop and when i got back in the car it didnt connect. usually thats been surprising easy to reconnect after a pitstop. i unplugged the phone and plugged it back in then headed on my way. a minute later it disconnected. i ended pulling over to unplug it again then plug it back in. that was only once but that was not a good experience.

getting my playlists to play has been hit or miss. i have had to rename them so i can use the "play my ____ playlist" command. sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt.