Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectCompletely absurd
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13307993&mesg_id=13308340
13308340, Completely absurd
Posted by Jon, Mon Jan-21-19 05:12 PM
>from I read there was tension and comments through out the
>day. I think he or one of the other natives in his group said
>the kids would say shit like "indians where i live are all
>drunks" and things like that when they walked by.
:
Ok, see that is very very believable and i wish we had that on video (i cant say its true outright, but id say its probable). It would make his approach to them make a lot more sense.

>I took him walking towards them as activism, and just saying
>he's not gonna be intimidated. I don't see how any reasonable
>person could see it as hostile.
:
Lol Whats he gonna do? Get his 4 friends and beat up a school's worth of rowdy kids? Its ridiculous to think he was threatening them.

>As he walks towards them you
>see the kids jumping up and down mocking him. The idea that he
>and his tiny groupe the aggressors or that the kid was being
>jesus-like is beyond absurd.
:
THAT is SO absurd. I was also raised Catholic (not whatever vrand of Catholic these kids were raised on) and being Jesus-like would be more like backing away, stepping aside, or lowering yourself in deference and respect. And saying you wish his people weren't pillaged for this country. And being Jesus-like would also include not worshiping a nation-state, lol but thats a whole other level.

One thing i will say is apparently there have been some celebs etc calling to have these kids doxed, and there have been some random kids getting doxed vis mistaken identity. Im not with any of that. Not helpful. We all need to do better...this society needs serious healing. It should start with rallying around people like Nathan Phillips, honoring him, and finding some feasible realistic path to reparations for slave descendants as well.

That shit triggered everyone.