Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectso basically android wants to rely too much on voice?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13306902&mesg_id=13307202
13307202, so basically android wants to rely too much on voice?
Posted by mista k5, Wed Jan-16-19 01:04 PM
they purposely make it more difficult to do things on screen so that you are more inclined/forced to use voice???

i guess i need to read up on commands and give that an honest try. no way im switching to apple lol

i dont switch around playlists much. i usually will listen to the same playlist on shuffle for days. there are times when the playlist will stop because i finished all the songs so getting it to restart or switch was awkward in my old car. not sure what will happen with android auto. maybe i need to ask it to play a different playlist while im driving to test it out.

good to get an opinion of someone that has used both.

i had previously tried using android auto on my phone in my old car but it seemed pretty pointless. didnt give it much of a chance. i dont want to be touching my phone while driving. i think i need to mentally accept plugging my phone into usb and hiding my phone. disregard my car mount. might need to give it to my sister or something so i dont feel like i wasted money. i bought it like a year ago, maybe more so i did get very good use of it.

right now it doesnt bother me too much that its not an instant on thing but i dont like that music wont start playing automatically. im having to press the play button on screen. im sure i could use voice to get it to start playing.

ideally i would want it to play music over bluetooth when i turn it on, switch to android auto once connected then switch back to bluetooth when i unplug my phone but stay in the car putting the sunshade on, gathering my things etc.