Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: Less soreness because you vegan?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13222595&mesg_id=13244416
13244416, RE: Less soreness because you vegan?
Posted by EAS, Wed Mar-21-18 04:46 PM
>That's a myth no? Don't you have a much less sodium diet?
>
>
>
>----------
>
>IG @h_n_z

Well, they say meat can raise levels of acid in the body (....as well as other things but meat most definitely). The high concentration of acid leads to all sorts of problems and inflammation. All I know is, I feel a lot better after my workouts. I haven't been monitoring my sodium intake but by leaving out meat, the action itself, should guarantee a reduction in sodium.
The good thing about living plant-based is that you really don't have to monitor how much intake of 'most' things. Your body can easily eliminate your daily diet and it doesn't sit with you and cause problems down the line. Cannot say the same for meat. I mean, no matter whether it is blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, multiple sclerosis, GERD, etc.....for most chronic conditions, at some extent they recommend you change your diet. Well, if certain 'foods' can be 'agitators' after you are diagnosed with whatever chronic condition, then it is not too far off to think those foods could be the cause as well, especially being a repeat offender after many years.