Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI injured my back and foot in late 2015 helping my parents move
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13222595&mesg_id=13222848
13222848, I injured my back and foot in late 2015 helping my parents move
Posted by J_Stew, Sat Dec-30-17 12:16 AM
I fractured a metatarsal the first day of moving by stepping on a tree root in the backyard and proceeded to keep doing physical labor for 21 days in a row(had no idea, just thought it was a sprain/strain). The last day of moving I fell off the back of a U-Haul truck and landed on my left hip and ribs. We were taking trips from DC to the Poconos with a truck and trailer for 4 weeks straight. I didn't get at the time how wrecked my body was.

For the last 2 years, I've been mainly doing yoga, with some occasional bouts of heavy lifting but I could tell my body just wasn't ready for it. I'm still a not fat 6'2" 240(I'd be a ripped AF 220). My squats and swings suck right now, but I will get them back by the end of 2018, I'm still able to press the 88lb Kettlebell for 5 reps per side, so at least I'm not a complete wussy right now.

On the positive side, I've been working the hell out of my shooting and knife fighting skills. Probably incredibly hard to fuck with right now on any level.

I'm sure some of you are in the same boat, but getting old sucks. I can work my ass off, but my body just can't recover like it could even 10 years ago (I'm 46 now). Lifting hard 2 times a week is the most my body can handle, and that's ok with me.

TLDR: Goals: Squat back up to 315 x 10 paused ATG or more, lots of one arm swings with a 48kg bell