Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectYou are arguing against statements I did not make
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13220336&mesg_id=13220510
13220510, You are arguing against statements I did not make
Posted by Lurkmode, Fri Dec-15-17 12:15 AM
You said "Obama didn't make him chairman."

I never said Obama made Pai chairman.

You "Obama made Tom Wheeler chairman, and Wheeler's FCC came up with the rules that were repealed today."

I never said Tom Wheeler was not chairman and I never said Tom Wheeler's FCC didn't come up with the rules repealed today.

Before you say it, I will knock this straw man down too, I am not saying Michael was not appointed to the FCC by Bill Clinton and made chairman by Bush. Now with that out of the way, back to what you said

<<Obama was required by law to appoint a Republican, and constrained by standard protocols to take a recommendation from the Senate leader of the other party. I don't know how you think he could have found the rare pro-net-neutrality Republican.>>

smh I never said Obama had to find that rare pro-net neutrality Republican. What is the straw man thing all about, you are writing about something I never said over and over ? How about tackling the words on the screen. Does "constrained by standard protocols mean he is legally required to take the oppositions recommendation ?

<<But it wouldn't have made any difference if he had! The board passed strong net neutrality rules DESPITE Pai's objection. When Pai was appointed as a minority member, his complaints were as toothless as the complaints from the Democrats on the board today.>>

So put anybody on the board because they will be toothless since Democrats will always be in the majority.

<<There is now a Republican majority on the board, NOT because of any decision that Barack Obama made, but simply because a Republican is President. Trump could have nominated anyone he wanted to the chairmanship, just like Obama did. Obama's appointment of Pai to a minority seat had absolutely nothing to do with him now being chair.>>

I never said Republican's are the majority because of Obama. LOL This is ridiculous look my problem is with Obama taking McConnell's recommendation, so you can save the how the FCC works fyi.

I'm going to take a chance and talk about something that might make you create more straw men, but try to hold back.

Trump picked two incompetents for the federal bench. Sen. Charles Grassley from Trump's party pushed back and now they will not be seated. That's all I'm saying is Obama could have pushed back on Pai. Now let me add this disclaimers for your straw man that's coming. I know federal judges are not the FCC board. I know Trump is not the opposition party making a recommendation.

<<We lost net neutrality because a Republican is in the White House, and no other reason. And a Republican is in the White House, in part, because a lot of ill-informed and logic-challenged 'progressives' were out there claiming there wasn't much difference between Donald Trump and Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton.>>

LOL yeah a Republican in the White House helped repeal net neutrality, I agree with that, but the rest of your comments sound like the progressives you have a problem with who always blame Hillary for Trump winning, just switch dem establishment for "progressives" and "no difference between..." for she was the only one who could win.