Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjecti just realized HR never asked me why i didn't come forward.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13200289&mesg_id=13201353
13201353, i just realized HR never asked me why i didn't come forward.
Posted by SoWhat, Tue Oct-10-17 04:55 PM
why other ppl had to make the claims for me.

they were well-trained.

but i didn't come forward sooner when it happened to me b/c i didn't think anyone would care and i didn't think anything would happen and so i thought it was best to just ignore it and keep on pressing. but it turned out that other ppl witnessed in the one situation and that created a 'hostile work environment' for THEM so that claim was really theirs too and i was a witness though really the guy was harassing ME. i didn't know that was a thing. and then the next time i felt i had to tell my supervisor why i wouldn't work on a project w/a certain dude and she was like well i have to report this to HR and i said why and she was like it's in the handbook if i don't report i could be punished so i'm going to and then there was a thing and he lost his job and all that but he was foolish enough to write down the come-on on a document i had to file w/the fedz...so i dunno. but anyway even w/evidence i didn't think anyone cared. both times the employer took swift action. and no one ever challenged me or asked why i didn't speak up.

i'm glad they didn't.