Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectVW wants $1200 from me.....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13172665&mesg_id=13172674
13172674, VW wants $1200 from me.....
Posted by FLUIDJ, Tue Jul-11-17 01:38 PM
Because I have an "Airbag Fault" on the Touareg
I have em hook it up to the lil computer joint to see what's what....
They give me some half assed response "You need a new airbag"... the desk person that is...
I'm like "Nah B, that don't make sense. The vehicle isn't even 10 years old. I need more details."
He's like...they plugged it in and that's what the computer says....
I'm like "Nah, i'm not accepting that answer from you, i'll be there in 10 mins."

I get there...tell the desk guy I want to speak with the technician or somebody that know's something about cars....

So the tech comes out and we go out and plug in the VAGCOM to read the code and then he's able to shed more light on the situation. I tell him he needs to make sure the desk guy is conveying the FULL explanation and not some BS one liner like i'm a dumbass that don't know shit about cars....

Turns out the fault code is for the PASSENGER seat airbag...not the airbag on the passenger side...but the actual bag that pops out of the passenger seat on the side....

Long story short....that bag has a short in the wire that connects to the sensor...and you can't just replace the wire because it doesn't detach from the airbag...got replace the entire airbag...and to do that you basically gotta disupholster and REupholster the seat to pull it out and put the new one back in.....

FML.

"Get ready....for your blessing....."