Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectTalkin' Cars on Tuesday: the garage is open for random bits and bites
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13172665&mesg_id=13172665
13172665, Talkin' Cars on Tuesday: the garage is open for random bits and bites
Posted by spenzalii, Tue Jul-11-17 01:18 PM
Audi released their new A8. I need to see it in the metal, as pics don't seem to do it justice, and not in a good way. At best this is going to be a very color dependent cat. At worse it looks like a Chevy SS and a fat Passat. Too much brightwork for my taste. The interior is stupid dope, as usual, though. Not sure eliminating most physical switches is a great idea, but if Audi cracks the autonomous driving thing (which I have my doubts on the whole concept, really) it won't matter much.

Of course Jay Leno bought a Ford GT. He does a great 'unboxing' video and drive on his latest Jay's Garage. Whether his push back on negative press the GT has received in some circles is required by owners being ambassadors for the car and brand or he's really being genuine (I believe the latter, for the record), he really seems to like the car, more than his NSX or P1. Rich people problems, I tell you...

Probably will end up trading in my wife's Focus in the next month or so. She does not want to worry about the transmission anymore. While any of the DCT parts have been replaced by warranty, she doesn't want to be stranded again. I think she wants an Escape, which is like a Focus on stilts. I wouldn't be mad at it, but my son's mother has one...