Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectEvery single non-Stem department has been taken over by critical theory.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13162257&mesg_id=13164490
13164490, Every single non-Stem department has been taken over by critical theory.
Posted by denny, Sat Jun-10-17 06:12 PM
I kinda assumed you studied it. Did you? I did...but that was back in the late 90's before it went bat-shit crazy and before it swallowed up everything in it's path. So I assume you already know this (maybe someone else doesn't)....but it's more of an approach than it is a particular field of study. There's no 'critical theory' department.

So it doesn't matter what particular field of study someone is undertaking at Evergreen. If they're studying 'ethnic studies' than they are learning 'critical ethnic studies'. If they're studying 'english literature' than they are learning 'critical english literature'. It used to be that these courses were designed to explore different approaches or frameworks (usually 3). But classical approaches have been abandoned. Now it's all critical theory. It should be noted that they are attempting to infiltrate the sciences by introducing courses like 'critical biology' and 'critical physics'. That's the upcoming war of ideas alot of people are referring to. They're coming for the STEM departments next and there's be lots of talk about this. This is why we're saying phd papers entitled 'Lesbian calculus' starting to emerge.

So I'm not making a generalization. Literally every humanities and social science field of study at evergreen right now is being taught from the critical theory approach.

And honestly, we're both better than the 'noone asked you' thing.