Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectDying format
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13163183&mesg_id=13163326
13163326, Dying format
Posted by auragin_boi, Wed Jun-07-17 09:04 AM
At some point, they won't even make CD players anymore. It'll go the way of the 8 track and VHS. So I guess the pricing reflects demand. I also read that labels get more from MP3's than from CD's so them pricing the MP3 higher makes sense. Artist makes x amount and that hold's steady across formats but as there is less overhead to putting out an MP3 the label profits more. Also, most of the music buying public probably uses digital now so that's where the pricing politics will land.

I'm actually surprised by this post in 2017.

-Streaming
-Phones with increased storage/better music players & organizers
-Cloud storage
-Modern cars with USB ports or at worse AUX ports
-Bluetooth connectivity for home stereos and modern cars
-Ipods
-Bluetooth headphones

Why would anyone want to carry around CD's in the tech age? I have 15,000 (and growing) songs with me at all times if I choose. I have an Ipod classic (Which I bought 2 yrs ago), 2 Ipod touches and song storage on my phone if I want.

LMAO @ CD's in 2017. Either you're old and stubborn/afraid of tech/not tech savvy or not in a financial space to have some of the more modern toys if CD is your go to for listening.