Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjecti WAS specific, but here goes:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13144152&mesg_id=13146799
13146799, i WAS specific, but here goes:
Posted by Shogun, Wed Apr-19-17 02:47 PM

>Be specific

The dockworkers they are just stealing and selling drugs because the work is gone.

How does that NOT make sense? Why do you think people set up businesses in economically challenged neighborhoods as fronts for drugs? Because they're buying and selling products that are guaranteed to make money when the legitimate businesses DON'T. The docks had dried up, so the workers had to make money any way they could.

Rawls has soft spot for McNulty when Kimah is shot, but Bird, Chris, Marlo...etc cold blooded killers.

The Rawls and McNulty thing had NOTHING to do with Bird, Chris and Marlo. Like I said Rawls never met those guys. As far as him having a soft spot for McNulty, that's definitely not true. He HATED McNulty. He even SAID it in that scene. That was about him not wanting McNulty to feel guilt or remose for Kima being shot. Because it wasn't his fault.

You wrote that like Rawls was nice to McNulty but mean to Bird, Christ, and Marlo ( who again, he had NO personal interaction with).

What's the background on Namonds mother ? How did Bird, Marlo and Chris turn into killers.

I answered that in the other post. Short answer? They're *literally* products of their environment. Kids who grow up in the criminal environment sometimes become criminals.

(I still hold the opinion that you've never really seen the show.)