Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI can vividly remember those Dangerous era MJ videos premiering after
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13145473&mesg_id=13146331
13146331, I can vividly remember those Dangerous era MJ videos premiering after
Posted by Mignight Maruder, Tue Apr-18-17 09:16 PM
In Living Colour. Seems like not so long ago. But that was such a different era and that was really MJ's last stand with being a dominant pop star.

That was my line up: Sunday evening watching the Simpsons followed by In Living Color. I could have the order mixed up, but I'm remembering it that way.

Other than MJ, some others not mentioned - or maybe mentioned and I glossed over:

Pearl Jam -'Daugther' the anticipation for anything new from PJ was insane in the fall of '93.

Janet Jackson - 'IF' - I think after That's the Way Love Goes hit, people were thirsty for more Janet.

Mariah Carey - I feel like Honey was a big to do at the time. I could be wrong, but I feel like she had some big releases.

But I honestly feel like the Brittney Spears 'Hit Me Baby One More Time" video was one of the most discussed videos I can remember during my teenage years. That and 'Back that Ass Up.'