Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI was a Bernie supporter lol
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13029752&mesg_id=13035304
13035304, I was a Bernie supporter lol
Posted by denny, Sat Jun-18-16 08:58 PM
Why in the world do you think I want Trump to win or support him? Because I have identified what he's doing as being 'effective'? It's a quantifiable fact that it's been effective. He won the nomination lol.

We had a pretty good dialogue going on this board for months. What happened? Sadface.

Take the wall for instance. The belief I have (which is admittedly debateable) is that Trump has no intention of building a wall. I mean...he said as much off the record to a New York Times reporter. Lurkmode thinks this is me saying 'Y'know, Trump's not really a bad guy....he won't build a wall and he's not really racist'. Frankly, you have to be stupid to make that conclusion but I digress. My point is that he is saying what he thinks people want to hear.....so his rants are less an expression of his viewpoint but moreso what he perceives as being most likely to be conduscive with success. Which is incredibly dangerous. MORE dangerous than someone like David Duke.

Somehow...this is construed as an advocacy for Trump. Which is as stupid as that Saloon article about Adams. Saying Trump is 'effective' is not the same as saying 'I agree with Trump'. I vehemently DISAGREE with everything Trump says. And I was in a very small minority in taking him seriously from the get-go. He scares the shit outta me because I think he's capable of doing it.