Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectHmmm....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13029752&mesg_id=13031810
13031810, Hmmm....
Posted by denny, Wed Jun-08-16 09:39 AM
I hadn't checked since last week. And Clinton had a good week last week. So it's good to see....but Trump was leading for a short time before last week.

I would venture that with the eventual Sanders drop out she might get a little spike there too. The problem is.....the way these dynamics are set for the coming months. Trump can't get hurt by scandal or controversy....or at least has shown that so far. When he makes what pundits call a 'mistake'...his poll numbers rise. Clinton doesn't have that power. So Trump can say a bunch of shit without consequences. Clinton missteps actually cost her. It's not a fair fight.

I liken it to family dynamics that we've all seen in our personal lives. There's two kids. One's a goody-goody...the other is charming and troubled. When the goody-goody graduates high school...everyone says 'so what?'. When the troubled, charming one graduates high school it's a redemptive triumph. That's the way Trump has set this table.