Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI can see there being a market for white avatars.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13024088&mesg_id=13024154
13024154, I can see there being a market for white avatars.
Posted by denny, Fri May-20-16 02:10 AM
Thing is...with our situation in Toronto....it's not even white people that we're afraid of. It's immigrants. Either from Pakistan, India, China, Greece or Italy. It's not even necessarily a white/black thing like I imagine it is in alot of the states. It's the darkness of your skin.

Old Greek/Italian men DO NOT consider someone pale and blond like me 'one of their kind'. They see me as a pale descendant of a brutish viking-like culture. Not civilized...no history...no culture. But I'm higher on the scale than a dark-skinned black person. And then there's the Indian/Pakistani old men. Dark-skinned black people are the lowest forms of human to them. We've seen them taking their children away from ours on playgrounds. Chinese people too.

This is an honest contention...if we had an assurance that the landlord for a prospective property was either white or black...we wouldn't bother doing any of this. It's the immigrants from those countries I specified that we're worried about. And they happen to make up alot of the landlords in the neighborhoods we're looking at. I would also contend that the children and grandchildren of these guys probably don't have this overt racism in the same way. It's a generational thing.