Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectExactly.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13016420&mesg_id=13017661
13017661, Exactly.
Posted by denny, Fri May-06-16 04:05 PM
A perc has 5mg of oxycodone. There are users who do up to 1000mg at a time. You're stomach can't even hold the amount of percs it would take to overdose on the oxycodone part of the pill (if you're a user which by all accounts, Prince WAS).

I mean....I know Prince was somewhat secluded....but it just seems weird to me that he would do percocets. It's the equivalent of finding out Axl Rose drank himself to death with peachsnaps or moonshine. Why would a rich person to percs? Even at the diviest dive bar that I used to frequent....fiends be like 'Damn...all I can find today is percs'. But maybe Prince wasn't part of a drug scene or kept it private and just didn't know he wasn't getting the pure stuff.

If he was taking Oxycontin instead of percs....chances are he'd still be here. The lesson should be....if you're out of control with your oxycodone use....You HAVE to switch to pure oxycodone (in the form of oxycontin) for the sake of your liver. The high will be better and you will be safer. So it's not a 'will-power' issue. It's an education issue. Sadly...this death was most likely avoidable without even addressing any addiction issue Prince had.

It's like this....if someone I cared about was doing 50 percs a day. The FIRST thing I'd do is introduce them to oxycontin....before trying to deal with ANY of the underlying addiction. So you can replace those 50 percs with 3 oxycontin tablets and that person will get the same high (it'll actually be even better). Once their drug routine is made safer.....THEN you can talk about the steps needed for getting clean.