Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectyes, it would
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12998285&mesg_id=12998683
12998683, yes, it would
Posted by astralblak, Tue Apr-05-16 12:35 AM
some folk deny Black or other Ethnic identities on documents for various reasons, some of which include not enough options to identify properly what some folk are terming "Blended Families". they have to mark other and the votes don't go to Black or the JUST recently added non-white Hispanic.

there is a kid in our fifth grade who is darker then me, and with a name that is god damn version of Khaled Al Hossoenni, and his parents mark white as his racial identification on school papers.

what about Afro-Latin@s? who regardless of forced migration or not, can claim the same patterns of intergenerational slave plunder that US born Blacks can...

what about half White-half Black children who marry white partners for one to three generations. there is a mother who looks half Black at my after school program, her ass verifies her undeniable Blackness, but she half. She picks up her son and daughter and they look like MJ's children, can they claim reparations?

that's why my reply focused on poverty, institutions, debt and education