Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectKeep in mind that I'm a Bernie voter, but...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12981333&mesg_id=12981664
12981664, Keep in mind that I'm a Bernie voter, but...
Posted by Frank Longo, Wed Mar-02-16 08:49 PM
... if someone prefers Hillary's plan to Bernie's plan, votes consistently in local, state, and federal elections for Democratic candidates, and urges all of his or her friends and family to vote Democrat in all elections as well?

That person is doing a hundred times more for the possibility of actual progress than all of the people I see saying that they'll stay home if Bernie doesn't get the nom, holding their vote hostage.

Bernie won't fix things by himself. Hillary won't fix things by herself. Progress is won at local, state, federal levels, with congressmen, mayors, governors, Senators, local and state judges, etc.

I really don't like this mind set of "IF YOU DON'T DO THIS YOU MUST HATE THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY" that I've seen on *both* sides of the fence (though admittedly more on Bernie's). It's the type of reductive narrative that causes people to develop savior complexes over presidential candidates in the first place.