Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectas nice as FM8 is, they still can't reproduce a lot of patches right
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12928735&mesg_id=12929028
12929028, as nice as FM8 is, they still can't reproduce a lot of patches right
Posted by PoppaGeorge, Mon Nov-16-15 02:25 AM
I remember copping FM7 and dumping my entire patch collection from my TX7 and TX81Z's only to find the TX7 stuff didn't quite sound right and the TX81Z stuff wasn't even supported. Gave them a shot in FM8 and the DX/TX7 patches were markedly better, but still not dead-on. Good for the DX7 EP's and whatnot, but the TX81Z stuff is still a bit off.

The most disappointing was the stock TX81Z Lately Bass patch. Something odd about it and I used to abuse that patch.

Casio's PD synthesis still hasn't been done in a plugin yet. I used to have a CZ1000 and was quite adept at programming the thing and used it for all sorts of sounds.

I don't think any of the Curtis CEM/SSM based synths have been emulated yet. My old Sequential Circuits Multi Trak and Akai AX60 were based around those chips.

Korg's Poly 800/800mkII hasn't been emulated. I had both of them.

Actually... Now that I think about it there's a huge number of synths that simply haven't been redone in software. I kinda figured that a lot of the rompler stuff would be done, but so far I've only seen the Korg M1 and Wavestation as VST's.

---------------------------

"Where was the peace when we were getting shot? Where's the peace when we were getting laid out?
Where is the peace when we are in the back of ambulances? Where is the peace then?
They don't want to call for peace then.