Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI understood that
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12894141&mesg_id=12895559
12895559, I understood that
Posted by csuave03, Mon Sep-14-15 11:49 AM
My point is that since academia is known to be structurally and culturally discriminatory (which were not touched on in an appropriate manner imo) all the stuff about mentoring and planning don't seem to be as important as addressing the inherent issues with succeeding in and after college.

These discriminatory policies may better account for why so many low income students do not succeed. It is blaming the victim when you do not address the policies in detail but rather make it appear as though poor people do not properly plan and do not have mentors.

I could go into much more depth than this but I would believe that this post would have been better if you would have spoke on your personal experiences with college. Anything else appears to be theorizing, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I just disagree with what you have to say and I do not need to insult or resort to name calling to make my point clear.